Linking up to The Sunday Post hosted by Kim at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer – a great weekly feature where fellow book lovers post updates on life, blog happenings, and their recent book hauls!
Oh where or where did November go? Better yet – WHERE HAS 2017 GONE!?! Hard to believe we’re just four weeks away from kicking off 2018. November was an up-and-down month with everything either going top-of-the-world great or everything-is-on-fire bad. Non-bookish highlights of the month:
- Spending a week in Hawaii with the husband, complete with volcanos, snorkeling with dolphins, and having our Jeep break-down on top of the tallest mountain in the world. (Don’t worry – we got it started again)
- Five Thanksgivings with coincidentally, an extra five pounds on the bathroom scale. Oops! Guess I know what my New Year’s resolution is going to be.
- Treating myself to tickets for Waitress the Musical for my birthday. Our pup, SIr Isaac Newton, celebrated his third Gotcha-Day as well. (He’s basically our small fuzzy child in lieu of human kids)
On the Blog in December:
This month is all about Holiday reads and getting ready for a great 2018. I’ve got a huge list of Holiday books to tackle, but the unseasonably warm Minnesota weather has me feeling a little Scrooge-like – we haven’t even got the Christmas decorations out yet. Hoping to get over that funk and into my December TBR soon. December’s Blog Goals:
- Decide on 2-3 reading challenges for 2018. I’m setting my Goodreads challenge low for next year – the thing just gets too stressful! Next year is going to be all about reading more variety. Let me know if you have any good challenge sugestions!
- Winter cleaning on the blog. Updating my theme, cleaning-up tags, getting the SEO errr. … Optimized…. I have the week off between Christmas and New Years and hope to get lots of housecleaning done.
- [2 Nov] The Scotch King (Scotch #1) by Penelope Sky ★★★½
- [6 Nov] Breaking Hollywood by Samantha Towle ★★★★
- [8 Nov] Fantastical (Fantasyland, #3) by Kristen Ashley ★★★½
- [13 Nov] The Fortunate Ones by R.S. Grey ★★★★½
- [16 Nov] The Scotch Queen (Volume 2) by Penelope Sky ★★★
- [20 Nov] Tycoon by Katy Evans ★★★
- [27 Nov] Eversong (The Kindred) by Donna Grant ★★★
- [27 Nov] Eversong (The Kindred) by Donna Grant ★★½
- [30 Nov] Hooking Up by Helena Hunting ★★★★½
Other Bookish Things
- [5 Nov] OCTOBER WRAP-UP: THE SIX MONTH BLOG-AVERSARY!
- [12 Nov] Sunday Synopsis #10: I’m Back in Action!
- [15 Nov] Bookish Confession: Giving Up on Your Goodreads Goal
- [19 Nov] Sunday Synopsis #11: Get Ready for Turkey!
- [21 Nov] Ten Authors I’m Thankful For
- [26 Nov] Sunday Synopsis #11: The Turkey Hangover
- [28 Nov] This Year’s Holiday Romance TBR
December TBR List:
I read a whopping twelve books in November and made it through four of the six books on my monthly TBR. Go me! My TBR for the month is mostly Holiday reads once the weather starts cooperating. However, but I’m also looking forward to Christina Lauren’s new release and the conclusion on Meghan March’s Mount trilogy.