Typically I link my wrap-ups to The Sunday Post hosted by Kim at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Holding back this time as I’m on vacation with zero Internet! Check-out Kim’s site if you get a chance – The Sunday Post is a weekly feature where fellow book lovers post updates on life, blog happenings, and their recent book hauls!
Greetings from Hawaii! We’re on the Big Island wrapping two-days of hiking volcanoes and celebrating my birthday on the beach. We’re heading over to the west side of the island tomorrow for four lazy days on the beach before packing it up and heading back to chilly Minnesota.
I was going to pass on posting an October wrap-up this month while on vacation, but then I realized it’s my six-month blog-aversary! (Where did the time go?!?) I felt kind of guilty giving such a semi-momentous occasion the ol’ brush over, especially because this little blog had such a fun (and productive!) book month. Next stop: the big ONE YEAR blog-aversary!
- Wholly Guacamole, what happened in October!? Blog stats were out of control: 2x’s the page views, 3x’s the visitors, and 4x’s the comments. (A big Thank You! To everyone who stopped by to say “hi” this month!)
- I completed my first Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon. Eighteen hours, three books, and 855 pages. There was also an embarrassing amount of coffee. Not too shabby for a first-timer.
- I challenged myself to a month-long book-buying hiatus and I’ll be honest, it kind of sucked towards the end. The good news is I cleared 30+ books off my TBR that I’ll never read and tackled another three that I bought but just hadn’t gotten around to reading yet.
On the Blog:
I’m starting to make empty promises to myself because this list hasn’t changed too much over time. Let’s give it one final shot:
- Dewey’s Readathon marked the end of my irrational Twitter fear. I’m not much of a social media person, but let’s make it a goal to be a little more active this month.
- The Goodreads TBR list is slowly getting under control. Next month’s goal is to post FIVE reviews on the site.
- Oh….and I should probably finish writing that Review policy I never got around to, plus all that other cornerstone content.
- [4 Oct] After We Fall by Melanie Harlow ★★★★
- [12 Oct] Dirty Filthy Rich Men (Dirty Duet, #1) by Laurelin Paige ★★★★
- [17 Oct] Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5) by Penny Reid ★★★★½
- [19 Oct] Dirty Filthy Rich Love (Dirty Duet, #2) by Laurelin Paige ★★★½
- [23 Oct] Steal the Light (Thieves, #1) by Lexi Blake ★★★★½
- [26 Oct] The Hunt (Devil's Isle, #3) by Chloe Neill ★★★★
- [30 Oct] Ashes (Dark in You, #3) by Suzanne Wright ★★★★
Other Bookish Things
- [1 Oct] September Wrap-Up: Hello Fall!
- [3 Oct] Girl Crushes in Romance
- [5 Oct] October Challenge: 30-Day Book Buying Cleanse
- [8 Oct] Sunday Synopsis #6: Caution – Theater Geek Ahead
- [11 Oct] The Six Dramatic Stages of Finishing a Series
- [15 Oct] Sunday Synopsis: Call Me a Cockeyed Optimist
- [21 Oct] Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon: Let the Challenge Begin!
- [22 Oct] Sunday Synopsis #8: The Dewey Hangover
- [24 Oct] Seven Misleading Book Titles I’ve Read
- [29 Oct] Sunday Synopsis #9: Leaving on a Jet Plane!
- [31 Oct] Invasion of the Body Snatchers! 7 Paranormal Characters I’d Swap Places With
November TBR List
I read a whopping twelve books in October and actually read two of the five books from my monthly TBR list. I’m coming off my no-book-buying month in October, so this month’s TBR is a little out of control. Here are some of the books I’m looking forward to reading: