Love bookish lists? Check-out the Top 10 Tuesday meme hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl!
I actually bent the rules for an earlier Top 10 Tuesday this year and did some frightening math behind the ten books that have been on my TBR way too long. Did you know based on my current TBR, someone could hire me to read books for eight hours and day and I could easily be fully employed for a year? There are over 2,400 hours of reading in that book pile!
To prevent redundancy, I’m once again bending the Top 10 Tuesday rules to be a little more self-serving. I already told you WHAT books have been on my TBR for every, now here are six reasons on WHY they’re stuck there:
- I’m convinced I’m going to finish that series someday… My TBR is FULL of the unread halves of series I’ve started. Unfortunately, my problem is that once I put a series down I hardly ever pick it back up again.
- I want to read the book… but I don’t want to read it enough to spend THAT much money on it. Sorry to say, but there will always be more books on my TBR pile than I have time to read. If it comes to reading a $0.99 book vs a $7.99 book, I’ll (typically) always choose the responsible bookworm route
- The book sounds good, but the Goodread’s reviews have been rather unfavorable, or I’m just waiting for it to get ANY reviews before I jump in. Once again, so little time and so many books… no time for bad ones!
- I forgot about the book. Um, well, this one is embarrassing. But ever get a book and then just forget COMPLETELY about it? Typically as a syndrome of a terrible one-click syndrome? Nope, just me? Oh, well…. (don’t act like you’ve never!)
- Nostalgia… Maybe I read an amazing review, or maybe it came highly recommended by a friend. And some books have been on there for so long that I’m just attached to seeing them there. I just can’t imagine my TBR WITHOUT that book on it. (Have I mentioned I’m a horrible packrat in general?)
- Other books just sound more interesting. It might be an obvious statement but think of it this way: There are 414 books on my TBR today (eek!). For each book I choose, there are 413 books that I’ve deemed less interesting. (Mind. Blown!)