Linking up to The Sunday Post hosted by Kim at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer – a weekly meme where fellow book lovers post updates on life, blog happenings, and their recent book hauls.
I’m baaacck! After eight days and eight nights exploring Hawaii’s Big Island, I’m cuddled up on the couch fending-off 20-degree temps and snow on the ground. Oh, and I’m frantically writing blog content today because clearly planning for the blog’s “vacation” only extended through my return – oops!. Highlights of the trip (note: this vacation makes me sound way more adventurous than I actually am)
- Witnessing Active Lava Flows at Volcano National Park: We spent two days hiking Volcano National Park, including traversing a (non-active) volcano crater and an eight-mile hike through Kalapana Gardens – a small town wiped-out by active lava flows in the 1980’s.
- Summiting the tallest mountain on earth – MaunaKea – to watch the sunset. We tested our Jeep’s 4WD with a trip to the top of ManuaKea to watch the sunset and see some of the world’s most sophisticated telescopes. We climbed 13,400 feet only to have our Jeep stall-out at the top! Luckily it started again after a short break and we were able to make it down safely – can you imagine what that tow-bill would have been?
- Snorkeling with Wild Spinner Dolphins: We took an outrigger canoe lesson and were on a snorkel break when a pod of dolphins swam-up to check-out our boat – so amazing!
- Plus sea turtles, waterfalls, macadamia nut pancakes, and a birthday celebration on the beach!
Lately on the Blog:
I’ve got a lot of blog-hoppin’ to catch-up on; thank you to everyone who stopped by while I was on vacation last week! Also, I was nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award by Katiria over at Kati’s Bookaholic Rambling Reviews and for a Liebster Award by Dani at Perspective of a Writer – be sure to check out these two great blogs and I’ll pass-on the re-post love soon!
- [5 Nov] OCTOBER WRAP-UP: THE SIX MONTH BLOG-AVERSARY!
- [6 Nov] Breaking Hollywood by Samantha Towle ★★★★
- [8 Nov] Fantastical (Fantasyland, #3) by Kristen Ashley ★★★½
Read this Week:
I finally finished Lexi Blake’s Thieves series – one of my favorite reading experiences of the year. I also devoured R.S. Grey’s latest release, The Fortunate Ones yesterday – look for a review later this week!
New to the Bookish Library:
Lots of new additions to the Bookish Library this week – hopefully these can keep me busy for a while: