Linking up to The Sunday Post hosted by Kim at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer – a weekly meme where fellow book lovers post updates on life, blog happenings, and their recent book hauls.
WHOLLY GUACAMOLE! It’s been three whole weeks since my last Sunday Synopsis. Christmas and New Years came and went without too much fanfare. Family. Food. Wine. Repeat. Nothing too spectacular on the Holiday front, but I did have two semi-momentous accomplishments since my last Sunday Synopsis:
I learned to make sushi.* The Husband got us a Sushi making class for Christmas and we went last week. Not only did my rolls turn out spectacularly, no one got food poisoning!
*Fun Fact: I’m a really good cook, but my family won’t let me in the kitchen because I accidentally put a fork in the microwave 25+ years ago. I cooked the husband a three-course seafood feast for Christmas and the next day my Mom wouldn’t even let me peel potatoes….
I turned my office into a library. Although the only real difference is that we now call it “Mallory’s Library” and I removed a bookshelf to make room for a cozy reading couch. (And before you ask – you don’t need to revoke my bookworm card. The evicted bookshelf was broken beyond repair)
Lately on the Blog:
First, allow me to make a general observation that the blogosphere’s energy as we launch 2018 is off the charts. Anyone else noticing the surge in creativity, new friends, and overall “we’re in this together” type vibes? The book blogging community kicked-off 2018 with a bang and let’s keep it rolling!
On a more microcosmic scale, I got three posts up-and-running this week with lots already scheduled for the weeks ahead! One post was my 2018 Bookish resolutions and why I’m intending to read less in 2018. I want to be more intentional on my book choices this year and am trying to re-evaluate my relationship with reading – especially so I can focus cool things for the blog. Here’s a summary of my first three posts for 2018:
- [2 Jan] Eight New to Me Authors in 2017
- [3 Jan] The Man In The Black Suit by Sylvain Reynard ★★★★★
- [4 Jan] My 2018 Bookish Resolutions: Why I’m Reading Less
- [7 Jan] Sunday Synopsis 15: Can You Feel the Excitement?
- [9 Jan] 10 Books That Have Been on My TBR Way Too Long
- [10 Jan] The Thing about Love by Kim Karr ★★★★½
- [11 Jan] Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5, Castles Ever After, #4) by Tessa Dare ★★★★
- [14 Jan] Sunday Synopsis #16: We’re Still Thinking Holidays
- [16 Jan] 12 Books I’m Reading More of in 2018
- [17 Jan] Most Likely to Score by Lauren Blakely ★★★½
- [18 Jan] Discussion: The Case of the Disappearing Book Reviews!
- [20 Jan] Sunday Synopsis #17: Minnesota Nice is a Real Thing
- [23 Jan] Five Star Books I Forgot About
- [24 Jan] Sex, Not Love by Vi Keeland ★★★★½
- [25 Jan] Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3) by Lisa Kleypas ★★★
- [27 Jan] Sunday Synopsis #18: Let Him Eat Cake, But Maybe a Book Instead?
- [29 Jan] I Can’t Believe I Read A Long Book
- [4 Feb] January Wrap-Up: Are you ready for some football?
- [5 Feb] Six Reasons Why Books Get Lost In My TBR Pile
- [7 Feb] Roomies by Christina Lauren ★★★★½
- [8 Feb] Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff ★★★★
- [10 Feb] Sunday Synopsis #20: Living Up to My Name
- [12 Feb] My Favorite Contemporary Romances of All Time
- [14 Feb] Discussion: Romance Tropes & Traps
- [17 Feb] Sunday Post #21: Eating Tacos and Watching Movies
Read this Week:
I read one chapter of one book, and I’m not sure how I’m feeling about it. If the way you start the New Year is how you finish it, then I’m in trouble!
New to the Bookish Library: