Linking up to The Sunday Post hosted by Kim at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer – a weekly meme where fellow book lovers post updates on life, blog happenings, and their recent book hauls.
Frantically trying to get the suitcases packed and blog ready for our big vacation to the Big Island of Hawaii later this week! They Hubby and I will be spending two days exploring the volcanos in Volcano and then on to five days at Waikoloa beach. Most of the week has been us in “prep” mode, but here are a few of the more entertaining highlights:
- Woof Dah! Sir Isaac Newton had his annual dentist exam. It was super entertaining watching him stumble around the house like a drunk, fuzzy human for a day. However, the after effects on his stomach have left something to be desired.
- The first snow of the season arrived in Minneapolis last Friday. Everyone forgot how to drive like humans, despite nothing actually sticking to the roads.
- I received a chance at Pumpkin Carving redemption whilst at a Halloween bonfire this weekend. Please note the incredible viciousness of my haunted tree, which will proceed to eat the other pumpkins if they keep calling him a mutant spider.
Lately on the Blog:
- [22 Oct] Sunday Synopsis #8: The Dewey Hangover
- [23 Oct] Steal the Light (Thieves, #1) by Lexi Blake ★★★★½
- [24 Oct] Seven Misleading Book Titles I’ve Read
- [26 Oct] The Hunt (Devil's Isle, #3) by Chloe Neill ★★★★
Read this Week:
I’ve been devouring Lexi Blake’s Thieves series about a professional thief and her crew of paranormal accomplices. You can check out my review of the first book here.
(almost) New to the Bookish Library:
Two more days until my self-imposed Book Buying ban is complete, just in time to treat myself to a few new books for my birthday. Here are a few of the reads I plan on picking-up for vacation: